Welcome to 100 Day Yoga Challenge!
The goal of the challenge is simple, to make time to practice yoga and meditation for 100 days in a row. In the process, you can radically change not just your body but also your mind and heart and become more connected to the yoga community in Chicago.
It’s an incredible privilege to carve out time time for yourself, to be more connected and to provide a way for making the rest of your life better.
It doesn’t matter if it’s the perfect time, if you’re in the perfect shape or if you have the perfect place to practice. Things will never be perfect. Perfect is the enemy of good. Just start now!
The good news is you’re not alone. Many others around Chicago are taking time to take the journey. Everyone is starting the challenge with different intentions and reasons. But in the end, we all have the same goal. To leverage the power and the beauty of yoga to challenge themselves, be more connected and find change.
We hope you’ll join us!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do we have to practice together every day? No. You can practice at any studio you want. But we’d love to join up and meet for classes in the process. Some of us will be.
Do I have to practice at the same studio? Again, we’d love to join up and meet for classes in the process, but practice anywhere you want.
Does home practice count? Absolutely. Make them good, but feel free to practice at home when that’s the best option for you! At least 30 minutes has been recommended but it’s your practice not ours.
Are there other strength training workouts? Sure, if you want. We provide the platform to practice and grow through 100 days of yoga. But we’re open to ideas and will help spread them. For example, one person is also running a mile a day (100 miles in 100 days), while doing the challenge.
Can I join? Yes, we hope you will
What if I don’t live in Chicago? That can work too. Some yogi’s don’t. You’ll be in good company.
Who is blogging? The more contributors, the better. We’d love to have you share your experience, photos or quotes! Contact Jeremy or use the contact form with your email address and we can get you set up.
Are there ground rules for the practice? See Ground Rule #1 below.
- There are NO “Ground Rules”.
- This is an opportunity to make time and space for your yoga practice. Don’t miss out!
- For home practice, it has been recommended to have at least 30 minutes. But it’s your practice not ours, so no hard rules on this.
- The blog is our primary platform for stories. Please use it. The more you blog the more everyone will remember on day 101.
- If you remember, share your blog post on Facebook page so we can all LIKE it, comment and show our support.
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” Be accountable. Be consistent in your daily practice.
- Reach out to other Yogi’s and practice together. It has been requested many times. We will try to facilitate.
- Please refer to the 100 days as “The 100 Days of Awesomeness”.
- There is no rule #9.
- Enjoy the personal journey and embrace the community